Tufts Medical Center Physicians Organization
Job Type: Full Time
Tufts Medical Center is seeking a Primary Care Director of Outpatient Based Addiction Therapy to join our Academic General Internal Medicine team at the main hospital campus in Downtown Boston. We are a physician led, patient centered organization and looking to grow our Primary Care OBAT program to better serve our patients. In addition, the Director serves as the liaison to Tufts MC Addiction Psychiatry, participates in hospital-wide initiatives around substance use disorder, and has the ability to rotate on our Addiction Psych consult service. This position is ideal for those who are looking to advance their careers and develop programs.
We are a patient-centered organization looking for physicians dedicated to providing meaningful patient care. This opportunity is ideal for those who are finishing training or those who are looking to advance their careers and make a change.
Why join our team:
- At Tufts Medical Center, Division of General Internal Medicine, we strive to be a people focused organization. Our 40,000 patient academic primary care practice serves diverse patients from across Boston as well as our Chinatown Community with Mandarin and Cantonese speaking staff and clinicians.
- Physicians have support from an experienced group of Advanced Practitioner Providers (physician assistants and nurse practitioners) and pharmacists fostering a team approach to patient care. There is generous support in place with our ancillary staff including nurses, social workers, community health workers, medical assistants, and a Practice Manager.
- We encourage and support each physician to pursue their clinical, research, academic and educational interests. Our faculty have supported time in many different endeavors, including clinical and health services research, resident and student education, operations, quality, and population health.
How you’ll transform care:
- You will join a clinically renowned institution devoted to delivering high quality care at a lower cost to patients.
- Practice team-based care with your colleague medical specialists
- Be proactive in your care approach with preventative medicine and population health
- Contribute to advancing the educational mission for the next generation of internal medicine residents and medical students.
- Opportunity to hold an Academic faculty appointment at the Tufts University School of Medicine.
Who you are:
- You have a passion for primary care and addiction medicine
- Are excited to work with a wide range of stakeholders and disciplines to champion world class patient satisfaction and support
- With a 78-resident Internal Medicine residency, a passion for education is essential.
- Board eligible or Board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- Board eligible or Board certified in Addiction Medicine.
- Additional training or expertise in geriatrics, LGBTQ health is a plus but not essential.
- Current medical license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is preferred
- Bilingual or multilingual ability is a plus.
Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease.
Work, Live, and Grow: As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization you will receive:
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
Location: Tufts Medical Center primary care practice in Boston, Massachusetts
How to apply: You can apply for this position via this link. Please be sure to include a confidential CV and cover letter with your application. Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Michael Martin, Senior Provider Recruiter at Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Tufts Medicine: Tufts Medical Center is a proud member of Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine brings together providers and organizations with a shared vision of high-quality care delivered in the setting that serves our patients best. Together, Tufts Medicine brings together the strength of both academic medicine and community care.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.