Hiring Department: OB/GYN
Job Type: Full Time
Tufts Medical Center is currently seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (NP, PA, CNM) in OB/GYN to join our team in Boston, MA. This position will be responsible for assisting the physician staff, including residents, of the Department in the provision of medical care to obstetrics and gynecology patients. Responsibilities include initial evaluations, coordinating treatment plans and monitoring progress and referring patients as necessary to appropriate sources for care.
This position is split between inpatient postpartum support and outpatient obstetrics and gynecology care.
How you’ll transform patient care:
- Manage the inpatient postpartum service. Make rounds, completes daily patient management tasks and arranges discharges.
- Work with team that includes lactation educators and pediatricians to provide postpartum patient education.
- Perform minor procedures including Nexplanon insertions/removals, IUD insertions/removals, I&Ds, etc. as deemed appropriate.
- Perform outpatient postpartum visits when possible to provide continuity.
- Complete initial evaluations of outpatients, which includes obtaining medical history and performing physical examinations.
- Coordinate elements of the treatment plan and monitor patient progress and adherence to treatment plan. Ensure that equipment or therapies recommended are obtained or carried out in a reasonable time.
- Provide routine medical care such as evaluation of medication requests/refills, pap smears, pelvic exams, suture/staple removal.
- Provide health education and health maintenance services.
- Responsible for triage and referral to appropriate source when primary care patients present with new gyn symptoms.
- Assist, on an as needed basis in other areas such as labor and delivery and gynecology consultation services.
Who you are:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner or Midwifery program.
- Current license as a Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, or Midwife in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Prior clinical OB/GYN experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to assess the needs of patients of all different age groups and to provide care appropriately.
As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization, you will receive:
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Academic Appointment through Tufts University School of Medicine
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
- Robust Benefits Package
How to apply:
You can submit an application via the apply button located at the top of the listing.
Should you have any questions regarding the position please feel free to reach out to Ian McCarthy, Senior Provider Recruiter, at Ian.McCarthy@tuftsmedicine.org.
Why Tufts Medicine:
Tufts Medicine believes in providing unparalleled healthcare for the Commonwealth community. Through our integrated network we are able to give our patients optimal care in the comfort of their hometowns, without unnecessary travel. Attainable, accessible, and amazing services provided to our patients by our team of dedicated healthcare professionals. Be a part of not just a network of providers but a community that cares for our patients at the highest levels. Come see the difference we’re making at Tufts Medicine for our neighbors and each other.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.