Tufts Medical Center Physicians Organization
Hiring Department: Chief of General Internal Medicine
Job Type: Full Time
Tufts Medical Center seeks a Chief of General Internal Medicine to provide academic and innovative leadership within the Department of Medicine’s expanding team of clinicians, educators, and scientists.
Why join our team:
- The Department of Medicine places compassion, innovation, collegiality, diversity, ethics, and caring for each other and our patients at the forefront of what we do.
- You will join a thriving environment of faculty scholarship in quality, medical education, and research.
- We foster a work environment that is flexible and in-tune with the desires of a modern workforce, understanding that outside of work you have a life to balance.
- We have a growing research program with strengths in health literacy, health equity, and women’s health.
- Our ambulatory practice is experiencing growth across numerous programs including addiction medicine, LGBTQ health, and care to the Chinatown Asian community.
- We are the principal teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, where you will receive an academic appointment that is commensurate with your experience. Our close relationship with TUSM allows the Chief and faculty access to the resources to build excellence in education and research, contributing to the school’s missions of diversity, community impact, and health equity.
- The Division is one of the Local Care Organizations within our Tufts Medicine Integrated Network, which consists of 2,300 employed and independent physicians, working together to improve quality of care and reduce medical costs.
How you’ll transform patient care:
- Recruit and oversee a growing team of Primary Care clinicians and allied health professionals.
- Build and participate in quality programs for the Division and the Department of Medicine, including oversight of the work of our Local Care Organization.
How you’ll impact the academic mission:
- Recruit and oversee a growing team with a commitment to medical education and clinical investigation.
- Develop and build a vision for interdisciplinary and translational research within the Division.
- Shape the future of our Internal Medicine residency program. A passion for teaching is essential.
- Advance the learning environment for medical students at Tufts University School of Medicine, in clinical excellence, professionalism, and scholarship.
Who you are:
- You have worked in an academic setting, with leadership roles that display your ability to oversee a bustling Division.
- You have prior experience in personnel oversight, with strong interpersonal skills to lead and inspire a system with a growth mindset.
- You are supportive of the academic mission, while finding routes to weave our care into our integral community-based settings and partnerships.
- You are a champion for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives as set out by the department and the organization.
- You are passionate about building collaborative and interdisciplinary work, demonstrating strong working relationships with multi-disciplinary teams.
Why Tufts Medicine:
Tufts Medicine is elevating the careers of its physicians every day. Through our academic-based models, you’ll not only be evolving healthcare for your patients, but will consistently be provided the space to grow and learn. Tufts Medicine believes in promoting an inclusive culture, utilizing all the many strengths through the different backgrounds of our team members. Cultivate a career experience like no other, while being part of a network of individuals who truly care about collaboration, education, and innovation. Join the Tufts Medicine network and see how together, we can transform medicine and healthcare for Massachusetts.?
Join Tufts Medicine in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease.
Work, Live, and Grow: As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization you will receive:
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
Location: Tufts Medical Center, the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine in Downtown Boston.
Conveniently located off the highway and on public transportation routes, our location supports individuals that choose to live life inside, or outside, of the city.
How to apply:
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter application via the apply button located at the top of the listing.
Should you have any questions regarding the position please feel free to reach out to Anny Hamshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.