Tufts Psychiatry Department
Hiring Department: Psychiatry
Job Type: Full Time
The Divisions of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics are jointly seeking a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. The level of experience and the candidate’s academic credentials will both be taken into consideration.
How you’ll transform patient care:
- You will function as both consultant and treating Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to children served in the Center for Children with Special Needs (CCSN) in the Division of Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics, and to children served in the pediatric primary care clinic in Division of General Academic Pediatrics
- Care for children and youth with Autism, ADHD, Disruptive Behaviors, Anxiety, and Learning Disorders who commonly have co-existent mental health conditions
- You will teach and supervise within the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, and will develop a scholarly focus
- Serve a culturally and linguistically diverse population in downtown Boston
Who you are:
- Completed an ACGME accredited two-year Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship in addition to completing General Psychiatry training
- Board Certified in General Psychiatry and will be either Board Certified or Board Eligible in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eligible for a MA Medical License and have a valid DEA certificate
- You are a qualified and enthusiastic individual who will provide compassionate clinical care to our patients and their families, enjoy and excel in teaching trainees from many disciplines
- committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence with the families we care for, our colleagues, and in our work environment
Why Tufts Medicine:
Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected, 400-bed, tertiary care academic medical center located in downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine and a proud member of the Tufts Medicine Healthcare System. The Medical Center is known for its basic, translational and clinical science research as well as its expertise in health policy. The Medical Center is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding. Our mission of advancing knowledge and training students to become future investigators drives us forward to quickly turn innovative research into pioneering care.
Work, Live, and Grow:
Boston, Massachusetts is a dynamic, innovative, and historic city with something for everyone. Whether you seek cultural attractions, an intellectual environment, music and entertainment, museums, night life, shopping, fitness, food festivals, or a sunset harbor cruise- you will find it here. The city of Boston is ideally located in close proximity to the coastal beach towns of Cape Cod and the Berkshires in Western Massachusetts, the White Mountains of New Hampshire, and the Green Mountains of Vermont which offer great summertime recreational activities from swimming, sailing, fishing, hiking, and rock climbing and great winter activities from Nordic skiing to downhill skiing and snowboarding. Boston consistently ranks as one of the most desirable places in the country to live and to raise a family
How to apply:
You may submit an application via the apply button located at the top of the listing. Please be sure to include a CV and cover letter with your application. Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Kathryn Kull, Senior Provider Recruiter at Kathryn.Kull@tuftsmedicine.org
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.