Hiring Department: Obstetrics and Gynecology
Job Type: Full Time
Tufts Medical Center is seeking a Director for the Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology to join our expanding team of collaborative physicians in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
We encourage you to learn more about our opportunity below if you are an experienced and talented obstetrician and gynecologist who is interested in leading in an evidence-based, collegial environment with all the advantages of both community and academic practices.
Why join our team:
We offer high-quality patient care in both academic and community settings, including prenatal care, pelvic exams, ultrasound, family planning and assisted reproduction, in-office procedures (LEEP, colposcopy, hysteroscopy, and endometrial biopsy), and more. Many of the department’s faculty also provide care in the community to optimize collaborative care. All surgeries and deliveries are performed at Tufts Medical Center in Boston.
Tufts Medical Center is the tertiary center for the Tufts Medicine Health System which also includes the MelroseWakefield Healthcare and Circle Health (Lowell General Hospital). Hospital time related to this position will primarily occur at Tufts Medical Center which is an internationally respected academic medical center located in downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine. The Medical Center is known for its basic, translational and clinical science research as well as its expertise in health policy. The Medical Center is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding. Our mission of advancing knowledge and training students to become future investigators drives us forward to quickly turn innovative research into pioneering care.
Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease.
How you will transform patient care:
- Devoting 60% effort to clinical work and 40% effort to administrative tasks, education of medical trainees, and academic pursuits
- Providing leadership and vision in strategic planning in collaboration with other divisions and departments throughout the institution such as Labor and Delivery and the OR
- Supervising the day-to-day clinical activities of the Tufts Medical Center Women’s Care provider team and clinic with the support of the clinic’s practice and nursing managers
- Providing high-level oversight of other affiliated practices including building and maintaining good working relations with local community-based physicians as well as outlying referring physicians and hospitals
- Assisting with facilitating clinical research endeavors that ultimately aim to improve care for the populations served by the clinic
- Ensuring the provision of high-quality teaching to medical students, residents, and other learners
- Managing the division’s clinical units and finances, including budget planning and oversight, productivity, performance metrics, and compensation planning
- Ensuring that faculty members remain active participants in the affairs of the department and medical staff, overseeing their academic and professional development
- Collaborating across disciplines to provide leadership and vision in strategic planning throughout the institution
- Practicing within a well-established, growing OB/GYN group
- Providing comprehensive patient care to our multicultural population
- Delivering your obstetrical patients, performing surgeries, and covering L&D at Tufts Medical Center
- Contributing to a work environment that is flexible and in-tune with the desires of a modern workforce that values work/life balance
- Embracing one of our most fundamental values of active engagement within our communities, bringing the strength of academic and community care
Who you are:
- Experienced in supervising physicians and non-clinical staff; capable of managing to yield outstanding patient outcomes, patient satisfaction/safety, and successful financial results
- Board certified or board eligible in OB/GYN
- Excellent clinical and surgical skills
- Interest in working with a diverse patient population
- Passion for delivering high quality obstetric and gynecological care
- Interested in resident and student teaching, entering at an Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Full Professor
- Eligible for or current medical license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Work, Live, and Grow:
We strive to maintain an inclusive work environment for all our employees. We offer a competitive salary with competitive benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, and more.
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
Location: Tufts Medical Center in downtown Boston and affiliated community-based practices
How to apply: Submit an application via the apply button located at the top of the listing. Please be sure to include a confidential CV and cover letter with your application.
Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Jillian Greenberg, Senior Provider Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Tufts Medicine: At Tufts Medicine, we bring together exceptional, value-driven providers who are setting a new standard for health care in Massachusetts. Our distributed academic model and highly inclusive culture promotes an evolving health system while providing frictionless care to our patients. Simply stated, Tufts Medicine takes pride in providing the tools and technology it takes for our care teams to provide an unmatched experience.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.