Tufts Department of Medicine
Hiring Department: Infectious Disease
Job Type: Full Time
Tufts Medical Center seeks a full-time Academic Infectious Disease specialist at the Associate or Professor level to serve as the next Chief of the Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Disease. The successful candidate will provide innovative administrative, clinical, research and educational leadership for the Division’s expanding academic team.
Why join our team:
- The Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Disease is experiencing growth across many programs including transplant infectious disease, infection prevention, antimicrobial and diagnostic stewardship, outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy, medical microbiology, travel medicine, HIV and HCV care.
- The Department of Medicine places compassion, innovation, collegiality, diversity, ethics and caring for each other and our patients at the forefront of what we do.
- The Division offers a thriving environment of faculty scholarship in quality, medical education and research.
- We constantly thrive to create a flexible work environment that balances life at work and outside of work.
- Tufts Medical Center is the principal teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine and our close relationship with the School of Medicine allows the Chief and faculty access to the school’s resources to build excellence in education and research, contributing to the school’s missions of diversity, community impact, and health justice.
- The successful candidate will receive an academic appointment at the school of Medicine at the Associate or Professor of Medicine level, commensurate with experience.
- As part of the larger Tufts Medicine ecosystem, the successful candidate will contribute to shaping the future with an integrated plan for community and academic care in infectious disease with our partners at Melrose-Wakefield Hospital, Lowell General Hospital and the Tufts Medicine Integrated Network consisting of 2,300 employed and independent physicians.
How you’ll transform patient care:
- Recruit, oversee and mentor a growing team of ID specialists with expertise in general infectious disease, transplant ID, medical microbiology, infection prevention, HIV, viral hepatitis, travel medicine, global health
- Work cross-functionally with various members of our community and stake holders
- Serve as an attending physician on the ID resident- and fellow-supported inpatient services
- Provide clinical supervision of advanced care practitioners, fellows, residents and medical students
- Enhance, build and participate in quality programs for the Division and the Department of Medicine
How you’ll impact the academic mission:
- Create and implement a vision for interdisciplinary and translational research within the Division and the Department.
- Work collaboratively with the Program Director to nurture and grow a vibrant and engaged ID Fellowship Training Program
- Contribute to shaping the future of trainees in our 78 – person Internal Medicine residency program, and growing ID fellowship program
- Advance the learning environment for medical students at Tufts University School of Medicine, in clinical excellence, professionalism, and scholarship
Who you are:
- Passionate about teaching
- A lifelong learner who prides themselves on delivering innovative patient-centered clinical care
- A team player who is excited to work cooperatively with a wide range of stakeholders and disciplines to champion world-class patient satisfaction and support
- A proven leader with experience in academic settings, with leadership roles that clearly display abilities and character to oversee a bustling Division
- Experienced in personnel oversight, with strong interpersonal skills to lead and inspire a system with a growth mindset
- Supportive of the academic mission, while finding routes to weave our care into our integral community-based settings and partnerships
- A champion for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives as set out by the department and the organization
- Interested in building collaborative and interdisciplinary work, demonstrating strong working relationships with multi-disciplinary teams to include transplant and surgery
Why Tufts Medicine?
Our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease. Tufts Medicine is elevating the careers of its physicians every day. Through our academic-based models, you’ll not only be evolving healthcare for your patients, but will consistently be provided the space to grow and learn. Tufts Medicine believes in promoting an inclusive culture, utilizing all the many strengths through the different backgrounds of our team members. Cultivate a career experience like no other, while being part of a network of individuals who truly care about collaboration, education, and innovation. Join the Tufts Medicine network and see how together, we can transform medicine and healthcare for Massachusetts.
Join Tufts Medicine in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease.
Work, Live, and Grow: As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization, you will receive:
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
Tufts Medical Center is located in the vibrant downtown of the City of Boston, easily accessed via highway or public transportation, providing many options to reside in or near the city.
How to apply:
You may apply via the apply button located at the top of the listing. Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Kathryn Kull, Senior Physician Recruiter at kathryn.kull@TuftsMedicine.org
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.