Melrose Wakefield Healthcare
Hiring Department: Psychiatry
Job Type: Full Time
Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Medford MA, right outside of Boston, a member of MelroseWakefield Healthcare, is looking for a full time Inpatient BE/BC Psychiatrist with an interest in Geriatric Psychiatry to help us expand our well-established unit. Our unit is highly regarded and the longest running medical-psychiatric program in Massachusetts.
Why Join our Team:
We are recognized for providing innovative care and best practices by accrediting agencies and led by Dr. Daniel Carlat, publisher of the Carlat Psychiatry Report. We are dedicated to patient recovery and family support through sophisticated care services built on a simple philosophy of trying to help those who suffer with mental illness through intelligent, respectful, empowering and compassionate collaboration.
How you will provide patient care:
- Provide psychiatric evaluation, diagnoses, and treatment for psychiatric patients with a variety of psychiatric diagnoses, including admission evaluations
- Work with nurse practitioners, nursing and other clinical staff in the delivery of patient care
- Provide weekend coverage on a rotating basis within the call coverage group
- May provide supervision to medical students and residents
- May be eligible for a faculty appointment at Tufts University School of Medicine
- Interdisciplinary teams including medical support with experienced and passionate staff
- Active inpatient and outpatient ECT Service
- High degree of collegiality amongst our staff
- Broad continuum of care spanning both inpatient and outpatient services
- Academic Affiliate of Tufts University School of Medicine
Who you are:
- Enjoy working with the Geriatric Patient population
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree or foreign equivalent medical degree and completion of a four year general psychiatry residency
- Geriatric psychiatry fellowship preferred, but not required
- Board certified or board eligible by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in General Adult Psychiatry, or by a comparable foreign national certifying organization
- Possess a full license to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Possess or be eligible to obtain a Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registration and Federal DEA Certificates
As part of MelroseWakefield Healthcare and as a member of the Tufts Medicine Health System we offer the benefits of a large provider network while maintaining the intimacy and personal satisfaction of a small practice environment. Being in close proximity to Boston we offer many different community settings for you to live. From the city, to the suburbs or the coast you will find attractive places to live with top ranked school systems in the country.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.
How to apply: You can submit an application via the apply button located at the top of the listing.
Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Kathryn Kull, Senior Provider Recruiter at Kathryn.email@example.com.