Tufts Psychiatry Department
Hiring Department: Psychiatry
Job Type: Full Time
Tufts Medicine-affiliated Melrose Wakefield Hospital and Lawrence Memorial Hospital is seeking a Medical Director of Psychiatry to oversee inpatient adult and geriatric psychiatric care in our two community hospital campuses in Medford and Melrose, Massachusetts.
- Direct clinical care and oversight/supervision of a team of psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners staffing the following services:
- A 22 bed adult inpatient unit at Melrose Wakefield Hospital
- a 34 bed geriatric psychiatry inpatient unit at Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- Consult/liaison services for general hospital/surgical beds at Melrose Wakefield Hospital
- Consultation for emergency psychiatric services at Melrose Wakefield hospital
- Academic Appointment at Tufts Medical School and teaching opportunities to train Tufts medical students and psychiatry residents
- Flexible work schedule with possibility of half-time work and some remote opportunity as well
- Report directly to the Chief Medical Officer of Melrose Wakefield Healthcare
Who you are:
- Possess an MD or DO degree from accredited medical school
- Board certified or board eligible by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in General Adult Psychiatry, or by a comparable foreign national certifying organization
- Possess a full license to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Possess or be eligible to obtain a Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registration and Federal DEA Certificates
- At least five years experience practicing Medicine
- Excellent communication skills to interact with clinicians, administrators, and department staff
As part of MelroseWakefield Healthcare and as a member of the Tufts Medicine Health System we offer the benefits of a large provider network while maintaining the intimacy and personal satisfaction of a small practice environment. Being in close proximity to Boston we offer many different community settings for you to live. From the city, to the suburbs or the coast you will find attractive places to live with top ranked school systems in the country.
How to apply:
You may submit an application via the apply button located at the top of the listing. Please be sure to include a CV and cover letter with your application. Should you have any questions regarding the position, please feel free to reach out to Kathryn Kull, Senior Provider Recruiter at Kathryn.Kull@tuftsmedicine.org
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.