Tufts Psychiatry Department
Hiring Department: Psychiatry
Job Type: Part Time
Lowell General Hospital is seeking a per diem Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to perform services in a designated area according to the policies, procedures, philosophy, and objectives of the department and hospital.
How you will transform patient care:
- Work cooperatively within department and other services to create a system of quality health care.
- Provide direct adult mental health care services for an assigned patient population across the continuum of care.
- Develop a treatment plan for a mental health problems and psychiatric disorders based on biopsychosocial theories, evidence-based standards of care, and practice guidelines.
- Prescribe psychotropic and related medications based on clinical indicators of a patient’s status, including results of diagnostic and lab tests as appropriate, to treat symptoms of psychiatric disorders and improve functional health status.
- Manage psychiatric emergencies by determining the level of risk and initiating and coordinating effective emergency care.
- Coordinate the transition of patients and families among mental health care settings, general health care settings, and community agencies to provide continuity of care and support for the patient, family, and other health care providers.
- Make appropriate referrals to other health care professionals and community resources for individuals and families.
We encourage you to apply if:
- Graduate of an accredited and/or approved nurse practitioner program
- Possess a current license, or eligible for a license, as a Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- You have a passion for helping those who suffer mental illness through innovative, respectful, empowering and compassionate care
About Lowell General Hospital:
Lowell General Hospital is an independent, not-for-profit community hospital serving the Greater Lowell area and surrounding communities. With two primary campuses located in Lowell, Massachusetts, we are the second largest community hospital in Massachusetts. We have the latest state-of-the-art technology and a full range of medical and surgical services for patients, from newborns to seniors.