Tufts Department of Surgery
Job Type: Full Time
Transplant Hepatologist, Department of Medicine and Department of Surgery
Tufts Medical Center, the principal teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, is seeking a full-time transplant hepatologist to join our highly trained team of specialists within our Abdominal Transplant Institute.
- MA medical license (or eligible to obtain)
- DEA license for controlled substances (or eligible to obtain)
· Completed training in an American Society of Transplantation Accredited Fellowship program
· Board eligible/ certified in Internal Medicine and Hepatology
· Should have a strong commitment to patient care, strong teaching, and application of clinical skills and translational research
· Interested in both Inpatient and Outpatient services, pre-transplant evaluations, living donor evaluations and post-transplant clinic
· Enjoys working on multi-disciplinary teams, interfacing with our HLA Lab, and collaboration with committees including patient satisfaction and quality
· Passionate about teaching fellows, residents, and medical students
· A lifelong learner who prides themselves on staying at the forefront of cutting-edge medical education trends and best practices to maintain Tufts standards
- Shared coverage of hepatology and transplant liver service
- Co-management of ICU transplant patients
- Immediate post-transplant care
- Hepatology (general and transplant) outpatient clinic
- Long-term care of transplant patients
- Engagement in living donor liver evaluations
Why join our team:
· Our highly respected Transplant Team values collegiality, ethics and caring for each other and our patients.
· Our program is anticipating unprecedented growth with a new vision for Transplant Services
· Our team promotes faculty scholarship in research, quality and medical education
· Our opportunity allows for Dual Appointment with the Department of Medicine and the Department of Surgery
Work, Live, and Grow:
As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization you will receive:
· Guaranteed Base Salary
· Substantive 401A retirement plan
· CME Funds and Time Away
· Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
· Robust Benefits Package
Tufts Medical Center, the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine in Downtown Boston.
How to apply:
You can apply for this position via this link . Please be sure to include a confidential CV and cover letter with your application.
Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications applying with us, please feel free to reach out to Ryan Scerra, Senior Physician Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.